(04-141) 8 Channel Programmable Input Output Controller / SLIO 88
Borer’s 8 Channel Programmable Input Output Controller / SLIO 88 connects to Borer access control equipment. Designed to undertake complex alarm monitoring and control functions, it provides intelligence at the point of control. It has a powerful scripting engine which allows users to create bespoke programmable logic functions.
Borer’s 8 Channel Programmable Input Output Controller / SLIO 88 (Serial Linked I/O Controller) is normally connected to Borer access control equipment and is designed to undertake complex alarm monitoring and control functions. It has a powerful scripting engine which allows users to create bespoke programmable logic functions. This enables the SLIO 88 to integrate with third-party systems and undertake a variety of control tasks and signal monitoring, providing intelligence at the point of control.
This enables the SLIO 88 to undertake a variety of repetitive monitoring and control tasks such as:
- Automatically setting and resetting alarms according to the time of day and day of the week.
- Counting cars in and out of a parking garage and inhibiting access when the garage is full.
- Sequencing and control of interlocking doors etc.
Intelligence at the Point of Control
The Controller Area Network protocol is flexible in that it allows any device on the CAN network to talk directly
to any other network device. All messages are made accessible to all devices on the network.
For example, when a SLIO 88 detects a change in the fire alarm input it will broadcast an emergency status
message across the network, telling every access control reader to assume ‘emergency rules’, thereby unlocking/
securing its door.
All CAN messages are prioritised so in the event of several devices attempting to access the network simultaneously,
higher priority messages take precedence over other messages.
The Borer SLIO 88 features 8 relay outputs and 8 supervised digital inputs (open contact, closed contact,
cut wire and shorted wire). This intelligent supervision ensures that security personnel are notified if an input
circuit is tampered with or bypassed (cut or shorted).
Input Output Controller SLIO 88 – Features:
- User Programmable scripting engine to perform complex monitoring and control functions
- High Level of Integration with reduced component count leading to lower cost and more reliable equipment
- Less Hardware Deployed resulting in easier installation, reduced maintenance and lower cost of ownership
- DIN Rail Mounted for ease of installation and maintenance
- ‘Plug and Play’ makes for faster installation, commissioning and maintenance replacement
- Power over LAN reduces the number of power supplies and mains outlets required, cutting the overall installation cost