(04-301) Tru-ID Biometric Reader
The Borer combined Smart Card and Fingerprint Verification Reader provides three levels of verification to deliver the highest level electronic identity validation.
The Borer Tru-ID Biometric Reader combines Smart Card and Fingerprint Verification to provide three levels of verification to deliver the highest level electronic identity validation.
The fingerprint template is encrypted and securely stored in the smart ID card’s memory. To gain entry, the cardholder –
- Presents their Smart ID card to the reader (something I have);
- Has their fingerprint scanned and compared with the fingerprint held in the card’s memory (something I am);
- Has the option to enter a PIN (something I know).
This delivers three points of validation and provides the highest level electronic identity verification. Combining biometric verification with a people counting mechanism within double interlocking doors turns this into a mantrap which ensure that you only give the people you know and trust access to sensitive areas.
Additional features provided by Tru-ID Biometric Reader:
- Biometric Templates held in on the ID card memory which eliminates privacy concerns and the requirement to transmit templates over the network.
- Template on Identity Card means that the card is carried by the cardholder so it is always available for one to one validation proving “you are who you claim to be”.
- One to one verification binds the card holder to their ID card and delivers faster and more accurate validation.
- Three factor authentication: ID card, Biometric and PIN delivers even stronger verification.
- The use of ISO and ANSI standard biometric templates ensure interoperability with other ISO and ANSI compliant sensors ensuring continuity of supply by eliminating dependency on a single sensor manufacturer.
- Ten digit capacitive keypad with Braille lettering and backlight for ease of use.