(04-150) PoE Midspan Bridge V2
The Borer Midspan Bridge V2 (combined Power Injector and Switch) supports 300 meter cable runs between the switch and the door.
The Borer Midspan Bridge V2 (combined Power Injector and Switch) supports 300 meter CAT5e cable runs between the switch and the door.
Borer provides a range of access control solutions using CAT5/6 cable infrastructure and Power over Ethernet technology to deliver both power and data to every access door.
For sites with a small number of access doors we supply the Ethernet Lock Manager which works with 3rd Party PoE Power Injectors and PoE switches (Cisco, HP, etc.). This solution requires all access controlled door to be within 100 meters maximum cable length of the PoE Switch / Power Injector.
For larger concentrations of doors the Borer Midspan (combined Power Injector and Switch) supports 300 meter cable runs between the switch and the door. Both options can be combined in one system.
A three hundred meter runs of CAT 5/6 cable allows very large areas to be covered without the need for additional cabling, booster switches and additional power outlet. This has other advantages not available in alternative products such as:
- Establishing an impregnable fire wall between doors, inside or outside the building, and the clients LAN.
- Eliminating the need for and cost of installing mains power spurs at each door.
- A single connection to a fire panel enabling the automatic release of fire doors in an emergency.
- Support for security man trap, interlock and air lock (used in data centres) door configurations without the need for additional equipment, cabling or expenditure.
- Save on field maintenance as remote monitoring of power consumption and network data activity allows devices in the field to be remotely managed, reprogrammed and power reset when necessary.
The system is based upon Ethernet, TCP/IP and Power over Ethernet technology so apart from the electric door lock/release installation, all system components can be installed and managed by an IT proficient professional.
PoE Midspan Bridge V2 Features:
- Power over Ethernet IEEE 802.3at compatible Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) to deliver 48 Volts DC power down a 300 meter length of network cable.
- Eight ports each able to deliver 32 Watts of power, enough energy to control two doors.
- Each port has protection for short circuit, polarity reversal and connection of non-compliant PoE devices.
- Real time calendar clock to maintain the time and date on connected devices following a power restart or loss of network.
- Support for a fire alarm input that enables power to selected doors to be disconnected and the door unlocked on a fire alarm.
- Multi-door interlock, lock down and release facility.